What could all these ingredients combined make? A salad? A Thanksgiving side dish? Pasta? No, no way could they make pasta. Wrong, they definitely do, and let me tell you, it is a yummy pasta indeed!
A few weeks back I was looking at alternatives to “regular” meals. Normally, I am not a recipe girl and just prefer to throw things together, but lately I have been wanting to branch out a little and try new variations of my favorite staples. Plus, I have been wanting to eat more fruits and veggies, so making them into the main part of my meal really helps with that. You can probably see where I am going with this…along my hunt I came across a recipe for a Spiralized Mediterranean Beet And Feta Skillet Bake on skinnytaste, and decided to give it my own spin. Like I said, not a recipe girl, I like to go off my own guidelines, so I altered the recipe I found to fit my likes (and ingredients I had).
I am not going to lie, this was a messy process. Beets are purple, like really purple. My hands were purple, my counters were purple, my dishtowels were purple, well, you get the picture. Just warning you in advance! It is worth the mess though, because this is a meal I loved and will definitely plan to make again.
2 large beets, yellow cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and olive oil (to taste), (this would be enough to feed 2-3), tarragon leaves, salt and pepper, 1/2 cup feta cheese, honey goat cheese, 1/2 of a white onion
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel and spiralize the beets.
3. Thinly slice the onion.
4. In an oven safe dish, first place the feta cheese, topped with the beet and onion mix. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add tarragon leaves and salt and pepper. Finally, place halved tomatoes around the perimeter.
5. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Serve warm topped with honey goat cheese crumbles. (I served mine with grilled chicken and medjool dates. Mmm!)
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Signed with Style,
One thought on “Just BEET It”
Liked and Shared. Thank you.