I have taken some time off to enjoy the holidays with my family and friends, and hope you have been able to do the same. It is hard to believe that we are approaching not only the end of the year, but the end of the decade. I always thought I would have enjoyed living through the Roaring 20’s and now it looks like I will get to! (Here’s to dreaming the fashion and music is the same as it was back then.)
As I like to do at the end of each year, I am taking some time to reflect on the positive things, and sometimes the negative things that have happened throughout the year. Whether good or bad, all that has happened helped shape the year, and the future to come. This year, I am thinking back over the last decade, which has brought a lot of change and growth, and mostly gratitude.
Things I am proud of from the past decade…
- I settled into my new (not so much now) city.
- I started my career and found a job I love.
- I have traveled the country and the world, exploring new places along the way.
- I bought my condo.
- I bought a new car. It was bittersweet to say goodbye to my old, faithful Grand Am took me so many places, and upgrade to my new Cadillac.
- I became an aunt (again!) to two joyful little people I love more than I could have imagined.
- I spent quality time with family and friends.
- I made new friends and tried new things.
- Celebrated a lot of special weddings.
- Started this blog which has grown from a simple hobby to a true passion project.
Things I will miss…
- My Grandma – I said goodbye to my last grandparent at the start of 2019. She lived to be 101 (and a half) and I am lucky to have had her in my life. I know she is happy and with her love, my Grandpa, once again.
- My Autumn – I received a kitten for my 7th birthday and Autumn was my pick. She was a part of the family, that we thankfully got to cuddle for 20 years. She brought us a lot of joy!
Things I will do to make 2020 the most upROARious it can be…
- Continue spending as much quality time as I can with family and friends.
- Continue to try new things and enjoy fun adventures, both near and far.
- Expand my knowledge and skills to better myself at my job and in the workforce.
- Travel to new places, both in the U.S. and across the world.
- Grow my blog and share my stories, and my love of fashion, travel and design with more and more readers like you!
[P.S. Picking the photos to share here -highlights of an entire decade- was VERY hard. These barely even break the surface of what I loved and treasured most.)
I wish you a happy, healthy and roaring (20’s) New Year!
Signed with Style,