Thanks to Macy’s State Street I had a nice little makeup treat last week….a makeover! I mean, I am completely happy with my everyday self, but what girl doesn’t like to be pampered and get their makeup done, all while learning new tips and tricks and getting to try new products? I know I do!
Macy’s was in the midst of their Beauty Scene event and I was more than willing to immerse myself into it. The wonderful team I worked with hooked me up with Alicia, with the Chanel Regional Artistry team, who worked her magic on me. Let me tell you, the girl has serious makeup skills! She taught me some great new tips to use in my everyday beauty routine, as well as some things to step up my eye game when nighttime hits.
Here are five little things I learned that might make a big improvement in your beauty routine:
1. If you get mascara on your skin while coating lashes, wait until it dries to try to remove it. You will easily be able to flake it off, instead of getting smears and smudges trying to remove it while wet.
2. Always use an eye shadow base. The base will help the makeup go on smoother and last longer. Plus, if you use this Chanel one, you can avoid eye shadow all together and you will have a simple makeup free look…it will just even out the skin color around your eyes.
3. Tightlining does not have to be difficult. Hold your eye lid from the top, keeping it just slightly open and run the eyeliner across your water line. Much easier than making bug eyes and hoping for the best!
4. Chanel makes the best lip stain! I loved the color, but beyond that, it lasted. Like, really lasted! I got my makeup done around lunch time and when evening rolled around, my lips were still a pretty berry color.
5. A bronzy highlighter works better with my skin tone. In the past I have used ones that have a more silver or white base, and they just make the highlight look more like a “fakelight.” This bronze highlighter gave me a true glow, and didn’t make me look one ounce like Casper (you know, the friendly ghost?).
Signed with Style,