Wow, has it ever been an exciting few weeks here in Chicago. Have you heard about a little baseball team here called the Cubs? If not you may be living under a box, especially this past week, after they broke a 108 year curse to win the World Series. It’s been such a fun time to be a Chicagoan and a Cubs fan. With that though has, of course, come some indulgences….lots of drinks for nights out watching and celebrating our wins throughout the series, lots of game food, and I’d be crazy not to count the many (tense) moments on edge, crossing fingers and toes, praying for a win. With all of that, my body is ready for a little break. What better way to do that than with clean eating. No, I promise I won’t tell you I’m drinking only juice for the next week. While I do love juices and smoothies, there is no need to go that hardcore (if you’re not feeling it), when you can incorporate this yummy detox salad into your diet.
I adapted a recipe I found on prepgreen.com to my own liking. As I’ve told you before, I am usually not a recipe person, but sometimes in order to mix it up and pull myself out of a food rut, it’s necessary to get inspired by some food fanatics. This one is great to make at the start of the week and pack for lunches each day. It’s a great way to ensure you get in a lot of your recommended daily veggies.
- 3 cups red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 red (or orange) pepper, diced
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2.5 cups kale, finely sliced
- 1.5 cups matchstick radishes
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 3-4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 avocados
- Brianna’s Blush Wine Vinaigrette salad dressing
This usually creates enough for four pretty large servings. I usually pack it for lunch for myself for four days, and it’s a large enough serving I don’t need anything else with it.
- In a large bowl combine kale, cabbage, red pepper, carrots, chopped walnuts, radishes, broccoli and sesame seeds. Toss thoroughly.
- As you serve, add 1/2 an avocado and 1 tablespoon Brianna’s Blush Wine Vinaigrette. Toss thoroughly. (This all the dressing you will need, since tossing it will distribute it evenly and add a nice subtle flavor to all of the yummy veggies. The creaminess of the avocado also adds a nice taste and texture to the dressing and veggies.)
I promise guys, even if you are not a salad lover, you will like this one. It just has such a unique taste, and it truly keeps you feeling full!
Signed with Style,
4 thoughts on “Do Do Do….A Little Detox”
I would definitely try this! Love the pictures as well.
Thank you Stephanie! Hope you get a chance to try it…and that you like it as much as I do!
LikeLiked by 1 person
This looks SO tasty! Loving the avocado and walnuts!!
All the Cute
Thanks Amber! I hope you get a chance to try it. The avocado is perfect in it!