I have a few questions for you. Are you going to be in Chicago between now and the middle of May? Are you in awe of beautiful horses? Do you like acrobatics? Are you looking for some good entertainment? Did you say yes to all of the above? If so, I have the perfect idea for you. You need a night out, watching the incredible team at Cavalia put on their current show, Odysseo! Guys, to put it simply, it is a FANTASTIC show.
Of course I have to elaborate on that for you! This show incorporates horses, stunt riders, aerialists, acrobats, musicians, amazing technology and impressive scenery. I have listed some fun facts below, so you can get a sense of how unique this production is, but think of it like a very elevated version of Cirque du Soleil. If you have ever seen a Cirque du Soleil show, I promise you will love this just as much. And if you have not, you will be even more impressed! It takes all of that amazing human performance and adds in the talents of over 60 horses. With massive screens that provide the backdrop you are transported through the dessert, to a lake, over the mountains and through ice caves. There is live music playing throughout the whole show, which is so peaceful you almost feel as though you are in a spa. And the acts vary throughout the show, many being on horses, many in the air, many with fun singing and dancing.
- More than 6,000 tons of dirt, stone and sand are used to create the stage.
- Moving the Odysseo show from city to city requires 120 vehicles/semis. This is the largest touring show in the world!
- The horses sometimes fly to their next destination aboard specialized cargo planes. They also get a “vacation” at a local farm between shows.
- At least 365 costumes are used during one show.
- Odysseo tours with roughly 60+ horses. They rotate them during shows.
- Many horses get their manes and tails braided after the show, which can take up to 45 minutes.
- The show takes place in a big top tent that spans over 58,000 square feet.
It’s definitely hard to pick, but I think my favorite act of the night was an aerialist number done on a carousel. Breathtaking is the best way I can describe it for you, but you have to see it to really know why it was my favorite. Let’s just say the strength and agility that the humans in the show have blew my mind.
If you’re purchasing tickets, think about upgrading to the VIP experience. This way you get a nice dinner and drinks before the show, excellent seats during, dessert at intermission, a chance to go on stage after and a tour of the stables. Seeing the behind the scenes areas of the show, you learn that the logistics of putting this on are just as impressive as the show itself. And if you are purchasing tickets, why not save some money. Use the promo code SOCIAL at check out to save 15%. Definitely check it out if you get a chance, I can guarantee you a night of “oohs” and “ahhs!”
Signed with Style,