Funky fashion all around. That was a theme I took away from the MTV Video Music Awards, held last night in Los Angeles. It’s one of the most fun awards shows to watch, since the fashion is so up in the air. (Get it? To go with their moon man, space theme!) But for real, the music industry pushes fashion to the limits, and this night is definitely a place to show that off. Stars do that in plunging necklines, shorter than short hemlines, sequins galore, etc. Below are my favorites from the night, plus, some of the biggest moments from the show.
- The eponymous Moon Man statue became the Moon Person. MTV is really striving for equality and this is one of the ways they are doing it.
- Lorde did a very odd interpretive dance. Watch. And if you get it, please tell me. I did not!
- Taylor Swift debuted her newest music video. All the Swifty’s out there are, I’m sure, happy to have her back. While I may not be her biggest fan, I can say her videos, make me wish I could be in one of my own.
- Ellen Degeneres’s unimpressed face, watching Katy Perry host. Katy tried, I will give her that. But whomever was writing her jokes could have done a lot better. Clearly Ellen thought so too!
- Miley Cyrus showed us she still has some amazing chops. With all the “odd” behavior she has showed over the last few years she brought the real deal this year, her voice! Billy got my heart when he sang about Achy Breacky ones, and Miley has mine too. Love the Cyrus clan.
- Pink sang her heart like always! The lady is just a true performer all around. Amazing voice, and always puts on a spectacular show. Loved hearing all of her old hits mixed with the new.
- From the above, you can gather I thought this year was all about the ladies. Go Girls!
Who made your best dressed list from the VMA’s?
Signed with Style,