It seems as though every season there is an outfit or style that I become enthralled with. Something that becomes a staple in my wardrobe, a reliable piece that I won’t hesitate to pull out of the closet and wear again and again. You know the type – that one solid option in a sea of clothing that works well for almost any occasion. Sometimes it’s right on trend and sometimes it’s just what makes me most happy. As we head into spring (hopefully – as I write this post it’s snowing in Chicago), I already know my “go to” piece of the season is going to be the MIDI SKIRT.
There are so many reasons I love midi skirts. While I could go on and on, let me share just a few that will give you all of the information you need!
- They are universally flattering. Falling just below the knee, worn in flowy fabrics, they look good on all body types.
- The length makes them “safer” for every day wear. If you walk around in a short flowy skirt and the wind picks up, you could be in trouble. But, if you have a midi on, you’re much less likely to have your rear on display thanks (or no thanks) to mother nature.
- They are so comfortable! Personally, I prefer dresses and skirts over shorts and pants any day (in any season really), and this length mixed with loose, comfortable fabrics, makes them even more appealing.
- They are versatile. In almost any fabric or pattern, you can transform the look of a midi skirt by mixing up accessories, shoes and jackets. It’s an easy look to take from day to night, or one occasion to another.
- They transition from one season to another easily. Add some booties, a chunky sweater and a leather jacket to a linen skirt you wore all summer with a tank top and you’ve got the perfect outfit for fall.
Since spring is just starting and this is already a style I know I will be rocking (a lot), you can guarantee you’ll be seeing more looks like this on Sarah In Style, featuring midi skirts of all types. Hopefully it’ll give you lots of inspiration and tips on how to incorporate such a classic piece into your own wardrobe. In the meantime, I have shared links below to help you copy my exact look, as well as some of my all time favorite midi skirts that are on the market this spring.
Shop My Look:
Skirt: Cotton On Jean Jacket: Who What Wear (similar here) Cropped Sweater: Cotton On (similar here) Purse: Kate Spade Shoes: Tommy Hilfiger Sunglasses: Francesca’s Photo Shoot Location: St. Augustine, FL
The Best Spring Midi Skirts:
Signed with Style,
Save the images below to Pinterest for future inspiration!