As we start the new year many of you are making resolutions or setting intentions. One that always seems to top people’s lists, and creates lines for the treadmills at the gym, is better fitness and physical shape. It’s good for our bodies of course, but also great for our minds. Exercise is a stress reliever, can aid in relaxation, creates mental clarity, helps with sleep – I could go on and on. Coming out of the crazy year that was 2020, and knowing we still have some roadblocks ahead in 2021, fitness is a good thing to prioritize in your life now, and throughout the year.
Personally, I get bored easily with exercises. I need a wide variety of options to keep me engaged and motivated. I also like someone guiding me and telling me what to do through my workout, whether it’s dancing or weight lifting. Pre-covid, the gym was great because class options were endless. The last place I want to be in this pandemic is sweating in a crowded gym with a face mask. So, I got familiar with virtual fitness companies, and I want to share my 5 favorite with you!
- FITON: This app offers free subscriptions, as well as premium memberships (that have enhanced music, nutrition planning, etc.) It has celebrity trainers, like Julianne Hough, as well as masters of their art in genres such as HIT and Zumba. All types of classes, for all skill levels, offered whenever you need them. They even ask for feedback after each session, so they can continue to improve their offerings. It’s quite literally the perfect workout app!
- LUXE Fitness: Not only do they offer a wide array of fitness classes, they have great beauty and health lines too. Staying on track though, since that’s the goal with this post, let’s focus on the fitness. They have classes ranging from boxing to yoga and offer challenges as well. The site is beautifully formatted and designed, it’s not only aesthetically pleasing, but also calming (which we could all use right now). I did find the classes to be a little more advanced, especially the boxing classes, so would recommend LUXE to those with some knowledge of the fitness world already.
- ClassPass: This was my go-to pre-Covid and I miss it SO much! I love that this company gives you access to so many amazing (and unique) workout opportunities all over the country. Obviously going into live, in-person workout classes came to a screeching halt at that start pandemic, but ClassPass quickly transitioned and offered live classes virtually. It may not be as wide an array of options, but there are still plenty to choose from, for any skill level. You pay for a package monthly, then use points to attend classes, so you can play around with what you might need to spend.
- Yoga with Marissa: This is my secret gem, but I’m willing to share it with the world. I had tried yoga on and off for a long time but could never really get into it, until I took Marissa Chastain’s class at my local gym. Now, I have taken her classes for years and truly love yoga. I look forward to her classes because I know I will get a good work-out, but I also know I will leave feeling more grounded and inspired. She helps you set intentions for your practice and aims to make you comfortable and successful. One positive to the pandemic is that Marissa now offers classes twice weekly via Zoom. You pay on a sliding scale (whatever you can give). Whether you already love yoga or need helping getting there, Marissa’s classes are for you!
- YouTube: Seeing as you can literally find a video about anything on this platform, it should be no surprise that you can find workout videos on YouTube too. It’s a cheap and affordable option, and you can find anything you want from karate to meditation to weight-lifting.
If you are in the Chicago area, checkout my top 5 unique Chicago workouts here!
Stay healthy and stay strong!
Signed with Style,