For most of us, the season of fall evokes feelings of warmth and coziness. It’s full of rich colors, textured patterns, crisp air and changing leaves. Our dining tables become filled with warm casseroles, creamy soups and tasty treats that embody the season, like spiced cider and apple pie. While it’s turning cold in most places, we are setting ourselves up for internal warmth! It’s one of my favorite seasons for decorating, especially in the dining room. There are so many patterns, textures and accessories that work for the season, and layers, just like we start doing with our clothing, add a lot fun and versatility. Fall is a good time to shed the weight of the past season and to turn over a new leaf, and it’s always a time to have fun with your dining decor!
If you want to make your fall tablescape even cozier, here’s a few tips:
- Don’t be matchy, matchy – I went for an ombre effect with my plates and love how it gives each person a unique setting, and adds warmth.
- Use vintage – Not only is vintage a cost effective way to decorate a beautiful table, it also gives you a chance to incorporate precious family mementos. You can even use them for centerpieces.
- Shop local – Sure big box stores carry a lot of items, and you can get anything and everything on Amazon, but looking closer to home almost always affords you more gems. Your table will be unique, will feel special to you and you will have supported smaller businesses. (Etsy included!)
- Go simple – More is not always better. Sometimes a simple table draws your eye to the most lovely pieces and really lets you focus on the main task at hand…a beautiful meal with people you love.
- Customize it – If you can’t find exactly what you want, adapt! Maybe you can’t find lovely turquoise pumpkins? Buy white ones and paint them!
Plates: Fiestaware Napkins: Similar Here Napkin Rings: Kynot (my Aunt’s company) Spoons: Similar Here Centerpiece Decor: Similar Here Table Runner: Similar Here
Signed with Style,