Winter seems to bring out the darker side of fashion. If you take a look around, you probably will notice a lot of grey, brown, black, black and, wait for it…more black! I’ve never been one to shy away from color, and usually try to wear it as often as I can in winter, because, let’s face it, a little color (even on a sweater) goes a long way on a drab winter day. The older I get though, I do to tend to notice that I lean more towards black. However, I will always say that black doesn’t have to be basic.
If you are guilty of a dreary winter wardrobe, think about these things to help cast a little color on your wardrobe.
- Buy pieces with pattern. Even if it is subtle, pattern will add dimension and interest to an otherwise boring outfit.
- Add a pop of color in your accessories or outerwear. A bold purse, colorful tights or a bright coat (like this one, or this one) can make a world of difference.
- Shoes. Even if you have to wear boots to trek through the snow, thing about a colored pair, or something with fur trim. It will be an unexpected pop to your ensemble.
- Jewelry is a great way to add color. Think about a dark grey turtle neck dress with a simple gold chain necklace. Now, think about that same dress with a chunky pink necklace. What a difference right!
- Think about fit. An LBD (little black dress) can really be unique if it has fun details like lace, ruffles, an asymmetrical neckline or a flared skirt. You get the idea!
- Never be afraid of color! A lot of people fear it. Don’t. Color shows confidence in yourself and can be a great way to showcase your personality. It’s okay to wear dark colors, especially in winter, just don’t let yourself get in a rut. Be bold, be you, and have fun with your fashion choices.
Hat: Similar Here Dress: Loft (Similar Here) Shoes: Similar Here Purse: Vieta Necklace: Similar Here Fitbit: Flex (New Model Here)
Signed with Style,
One thought on “Pretty In Paisley”
LIKE THAT SMILE, SARAH IN STYLE!!!