Summer weather is here (some days at least!) and I am sure most of you are trying to get your beach bod in shape. If that is the case, then this recipe is….maybe not for you! Haha. All kidding aside, it really is not that unhealthy what I am about to share with you, and OH MY GOODNESS, it is the BEST sandwich I have ever made in my life. In fact, my mouth is watering just writing this.
A while back I was introduced to a company called BFree, which makes a wide array of gluten free bread products. If you have to eat gluten free like me, I am sure you miss many things from the world of wheat. A big hole in my food heart was longing for pitas. Guess what, BFree has pitas! However, my favorite product of theirs is the Brown Seeded Sandwich Loaf. It tastes like real, yummy, homemade bread. (When I say real, you GFers know what I mean.)
I have tried all of their products (thanks BFree!) and have made many different things with them, but when I made this grilled cheese, I just knew I had to share it with someone, so I thought I would share it with all of you. I was not joking above when I said it was the best sandwich I have ever, ever, ever made. Best of all, it is super simple to create.
Panini press, 3 slices of bread ( I used BFree’s gluten free brown seeded sandwich bread, but any seeded bread would be fine), 1/2 avocado (sliced), honey goat cheese, smoked gouda cheese and butter
- Butter the front and back of each slice of bread. I used spray butter to make it a bit healthier.
- On one slice add 3 small, thinly sliced pieces of gouda cheese and 1/2 of your avocado slices. On another slice add your goat cheese (crumble it around to cover most of the bread) and the remaining avocado slices. With the cheeses, don’t get too close to the edges or you will have a mess when they melt.
- Stack all three slices and place in a preheated (medium temperature) panini press.
- Check the sandwich every 20 seconds or so and as one side darkens flip it over and cover with the press again. Continue to do this until golden brown and the cheese is mostly melted.
- Eat without inhaling! It is so tasty that this step is hard to do.
Since I have said it several times before, you likely know this sandwich is yummy, but as I quickly mentioned, it is also not terribly unhealthy if you use the BFree bread I did. Most gluten free bread is, believe it or not,worse for you than regular bread, but this particular one goes against the grain (pun intended). In all 3 slices there is only a total of 33 grams of carbs. The spray butter helps cut down on fat and calories as well. Since a sandwich is lonely by itself, I added raspberries and sea salt truffle quinoa puffs from I Heart Keenwah. To wash it all down, my favorite, water! I know, very boring. But I really do love water, and recently learned the benefits of alkaline water. (It helps balance your bodies pH levels.) If you want to try it out, without buying a filter and doing a lot of work, Alkaline 88 is a great option, and tasty too.
All right, now I expect you all to go give this ooey gooey goodness a try! I promise the mix of honey from the goat cheese and the smokey flavor from the gouda, with the creamy avocado and seeded bread will not disappoint.
Signed with Style,
6 thoughts on “Ooey Gooey Goodness”
Looks so good
Thanks! It sure is.
This looks amazing. honey +goat cheese = mouth watering. Thank you for sharing. I can’t wait to try it 🙂
Thank you Victoria! Once you try it you will have to let me know what you think. I hope you like it as much as I do! 🙂