Snowfall has hit the Midwest, but have no fashion fear, I have a simple tip to help beat the winter blues. Add a pop of color to every outfit! Dressing in drab colors often times makes us feel more drab, especially when the weather matches our moods. But, when you add in a pop of color, even just a small one, you perk up your outfit and your mood.
One of the simplest ways I brighten my winter days, from the moment I step out the front door is with a peppy coat. I have a coral coat, a green coat and a blue coat, just to name a few. They instantly make me smile even if I know I’ll be stepping into a snowstorm.
You don’t have to go big to go bold, and you don’t have to spend a lot of money either. Below are some other ways, outside of a funky coat, to add a pop of color and a bit of happiness to your winter wardrobe.
- Bright Colored Hat, Scarf and Gloves (you could even mix and match colors on this one)
- Punchy Colored Purse
- Jewel Tone Shoes (you might not want coral snow boots or flats, but a rich burgundy would be a great look and still give a little pop of color)
- Sunnier Sunnies (think bold red sunglasses)
- Peppy Turtleneck Sweater (you may be covered to stay warm, but a little peak of a bright turtleneck or shirt would look nice, and you know the happiness will stay, even once you remove your coat)
- Colorful Jewelry
- Go Bold & Layer Colors (sweater, jewelry coat, hat, just all of it)
Any time of year, through any season, dress in whatever way makes you happy! Fashion is an extension of ourselves, our personalities and our moods. Just remember, fashion doesn’t have to mimic your mood, it can set it as well.
Signed with Style,
Save this post for future inspiration: